Monday, July 6, 2009

Butt Card!

A few years ago, my sister took this picture of my butt. I am not gonna make any comments on the picture. We all know how we feel about our own butts. However, on Splitcoast they recently had a challenge to make a card using faux jeans as a technique. So......this picture became the inspiration for my card.
Can you see the resemblance? lol. For the belt I used a piece of Close to cocoa cardstock and I used versa mark to cover the whole piece and then covered with clear embossing powder. I then, using my bone folder, drew random squiggly lines over. I used my heat gun to set the powder. I then tried to sponge the edges to add depth but realized this should have been done BEFORE I used my versa mark ink. Oh well, live and learn. The rest is paper piecing. The base of the card is one piece but you can only see it as the part just under the belt, all other pieces are add ons. The belt loops are added on. I used my Just Jeans background stamp on all the pieces to give the texture of jeans. I used Brocade Blue for ink and paper and marker for the stitches. Each buttock is a separate piece as is each pocket , which is adhered so you could stick something in the pocket if you wanted to. There is a small tag that says "friend". I use faux stitching to make all the stitches, piercing two rows of holes around the edges where seams would be. Then using my marker joined the holes to makes the stitches. I used sponging and my marker to add depth and shadow on the card. I know it is not an exact replica, but that's my story.
Thanks,



3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awesome!!!

Molly Bennett said...

I LOVE this card... when I get my stampin stuff unpacked, consider yourself cased.... and - hopefully this will be the motivation to get the rest of the house done to get into the stamp hole (lost a whole room to a corner of a laundry room...:( - you have my mind churning on other ideas from this... THANKS for the inspiration - I needed it!!

Beth M said...

Amazing!