Thursday, October 27, 2011

Santa'sStocking Mini

Here I have made a mini using Stampin Up's new Holiday Stocking die and new Peekaboo Frames die. I used Letters to Santa designer paper also from Stampin Up.

I used the peekaboo frames to create embellishments for the pages and adhered them so that they also act as pockets to be able to tuck photos in behind.

I used flowers fro Prima and I Am Roses to embellish as well. The ribbons are from Stampin Up.

This is my next class. Hope you enjoyed seeing the peek at this project.


Friday, October 21, 2011

Here it Is!

So here it is, my first project made using my custom die from Accucut. It is a pocket Watch album. I will post more images over the next few days.

I am so loving my new die, I just need more time to play with it. So let me know what you think, I would love to hear from you,


Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's Here!

Well my custom die has finally arrived......and it is so awesome, I love it!
I would show you, but I want to finish a project or two first before I show it off.
Are you curious?


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Club Projects

It is so good to be back in Stampin Up club this year, these are the first projects for the year...aren't they awesome. I have to say when I seen this set in person, it is much bigger than it appears in the mini. You get alot of stamps in this set.

The paper is so pretty as well, and love to coordinating fabric. You can check out my friends's website here.

Here is the second card. THese colors go great together, although I would never have thought so.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Contest Entry

Hi Scrappers,

Here are a few pics of my contest entry. I used this project for two contests, One with I AM Roses, in which they are choosing the winner based on most "likes" I am currently in second place, so if you want to help me win , please check out the video here and clcik the LIKE button please and thank you!

I also used it for an Accucut Halloween contest entry. The box is an Accucut die called Box-Gable (3D). It is a great little box. It is about the size of my hand, so not too little.

I was able to use Tim Holtz's mini cabinet card die to make the mini for inside this box.

Here are a couple of the pages. They are small so not able to do too much with them, and needed to fit the mini back into the box.

This is a fun set of pages, the moon is actually a tag that pulls out.


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Contests Entry

Hi Ladies,
I need your help. I am using this video for two contest submissions. One with Accucut, and one with I Am Roses.
The I am Roses one, I need your help for.
PLease watch my video on YouTube, double click the video to see in on YouTube, then click the little thumbs up button if you like it. They are awarding the prize to the video with the most likes.
Thanks so much for your help,

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sock Monkey Character Box

I had a recent request to make a sock monkey character box. So here is the result. Hope you like it. WARNING, this post is picture intensive!

I first die cut two Top Note shapes from Basic Gray Cardstock.

I then embossed with folder that gave the feel of a knitted texture. I used square lattice by Stampin Up.

I then cut a piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/4" x 8 1/2". On the portrait layout a scored in 1" from each edge.

Then I rotated my paper to the landscape layout and scored in from each side at 3 1/2".

I burnished all my score line , then cut, as shown above, on the landscape edges, the two center lines into the 1" score line.

Next add some adhesive to the inside pieces as shown in picture above, and put box together.

Add more adhesive to the one side, this will be the back of the box.

Add one of the Top Note shapes, as shown.

To make the ears, punch two circles using the 1 3/4" punch from Stampin Up, then cut a line into the center on each.

add adhesive as shown below.

ooops, almost forgot, run circles through embossing machine using same folder.

Overlap cut line to make circle so it is slightly cupped.

I then pushed in a bit on the center of each to get the above look.

add some adhesive to the side of each and attach to the back of the Top Note piece you have left.

Okay this piece was a bit tricky, I could not find a Stampin Up product to make this piece so I used a Tim Holtz die...Artful Dwellings. I die cut the rounded arch house and then flipped it around so both ends were round when I finsihed.

I then used Stampin Ups oval punch to make the lips.

adhere the artful dwelling oval and then the red oval onto the Top Note shape as shown.

This is the monkey's mouth.

I then used a marker to draw in two lines for nostrels.

Now if you have black buttons you would like to use you could use them for the eyes.

I punch two 1" circles and added white gel pen lines for the highlights. I then used my black marker to add two eyebrown lines.

To make the hat I die cut the larger triangle from the perfect pennants die.

Then for the hat brim, I diecut the long edge of the Top Note shape, both pieces are from Basic Gray Cardstock.

I took the Top Note edge pice and flipped it over and recut on the other side to get the above shape for the brim.

Then emboss the two pieces using the same embossing folder as previously used.

I chose to put my triagle piec on the long edge. and then layer the brim over it.

add some adhesive to the monkey head as shown above.

Add you hat layers as shown.

I then cut a scallop circle out and embossed it. I used Cherry Cobbler for my red>

Adhere the scallop circle to the hat tip

I chose to fold my hat down a bit as shown, before adding the red scallop circle. You could adhere or staple this.

Sock Monkey's face is done!

I then adhered it to the box front and Voila, Sock Monkey character box. Hope you like it Marie and hope the shower goes great!