Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just Because I Love My Husband

My Husband and I went to Cuba for our anniversary and I wanted to make a mini scrapbook for him to take with him on the road so he could have something to remember our trip and think of me while he is away from home as he is a long haul truck driver. This was a project we did at last year's stamp club and I changed it up a bit. I am showing it to you before I added any photos or journalling as I like to keep that just for him.

I used dimensionals for the medallion on the belly band and as I love to do, I sponged all the edges for that vintage look.


Once this folder is opened, there is plenty of space for photos and jurnalling. The center section has three envelope pocket pages, each with a pull out insert.

The bottom section has the sentiment "Just Because" I played this up with each envelope and finished the sentence at each pocket. There is also a small scallop envelope in which I included several tabs. Here you can see just one. All kept with the theme of "Just Because".


On this pull out I added the saying "You're my favorite" to go along with the "Just Because" sentiment. I then added pictures to the front and journalling on the back. My husband looked through this wallet three times before reading the back of this page... I wonder why? He kept missing it.

This page had the sentiment, " You make me Happy" added along with more photos and journalling.

And this last page had the sentiment " I love You More!" and more pictures and journalling. He really loved this album and I had fun making it. Wish you could see it finished but some things are better kept just for special memories.
I used retired DS paper, the one sided kind. I love the colors of this paper. Chocolate chip, very vanilla, mellow moss and cranberry crisp. Yes, I still had some of that color left, but not much.
I have had several requests for instructions on how to make this project. It is not my original design, although I have altered it some to my liking.
The original tutorial that I used is from here.
Thanks,




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy,
Do you have all the measurements etc for this project. I would love to have them and I am happy to pay for them as I have already purchased some of your template kits lol.
Regards
Michelle

Amanda said...

Hi there

I just found your blog today and I am glad I did! I love everything you have created! I am going to buy the file folder tutorial...but I would like the instructions to this project as well. Do you have them posted anywhere or can you make a tutorial available?

Thank you!