Monday, December 14, 2009

12 Tags of Christmas Remake

I thought I would try to make several of the 12 Tags of Christmas 2009, from Tim Holtz's blog. Mine are not exactly as his. I did not have a lot of the materials he used. I tried to challenge myself to recreate several of them, using only the materials I already had. Above is my version of his day 1 tag. I was really pleased with how my snowman turned out as I did not have a suitable snowman stamp and freehand drew one on white card stock, cut it out. White embossed the snowflakes, sponged black ink over the snowman, tried to rub the black off my snowflakes, but ended up reheating them and adding more white embossing powder. Love how it turned out!

Here is the day 2 tag, well my version, this is hardly close to his. I did not have a metal flower, and this was my largest label stamp, oh well, the Merry Christmas fit inside.

On day 3, Tim showed a plaid technique and actually posted two tags. I tried my hand at making a plaid print and then used my images to recreate my version of his tag.

Day 4 was very fun, I really had to work hard to get close to this one but I think I was successful. For this tag, I did buy the bells from the dollar store as I had nothing even close.

I then skipped ahead to day 8, as I was struggling with what to use as substitutes, but this one I had a bit of an idea so this is what I ended up with.
So what do you think? Did I come close? I really enjoyed making them. They are time consuming, and not sure I could part with them. If I manage to get any more made I will post them as well.
Thanks,




5 comments:

Jules said...

Very cool tags Tammy!

Anonymous said...

I think you did an amazing job. I love seeing someone elses version of a project and then recreating it with my style incorporated into it. You did a great job of recapturing Tim Holtz's idea's and giving them your personal touch!

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job on the tags using what you had and making them your own. They are fun to make, but oh so time consuming, and expensive if you were to buy all of the products he used.I love the ones you made.

Cheryl said...

I think you did a fine job especially since you didn't have all his little goodies. I haven't even attempted this but I certainly admire his and yours. Good job!!

Primitive Seasons said...

Tammy, you did a great job. It is hard to find substitute for some of Tim's materials. I had a lot of the Rager products but none of his stamps. I think you did a wonderful job. I love the holy family stamp you used on the one tag.

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com