Saturday, June 13, 2009

On A Hinge

I was able to get a second Splitcoast challenge done today, this one for the hinge card challenge.

Here is my first attempt at this card. But once I was finished and had taken my pictures, I decided it still needed something. So here is what the final card looks like. All I added was the butterfly from Great Friend.
This was a fun challenge and I recommend trying this one as well.

As you can see my is not a tradition card. I chose to do mine with the Scallop circle die and I altered some things so my mechanism does not show.


Here is a close up of the cover detail. I used the five petal punch and another flower punch that is not Stampin Up. I ran them through the BigShot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then sponged the edges and took my large stylus over the back of each petal so it would give some shape to the flower petals. The hinge is the large corduroy brad and another small silver brad is in the smalled flower. The butterfly is sponged and has gems for the body. I then added some die cut leaves for a pretty effect.


The card opens to reveal a saying. Oh, I also included a small scallop border across the outside panel. I used Walk in the Park DS paper. I think I will be ordering some more of it before it goes out with the mini.

For the outside sentiment I used the Thank You Curly Label stamp and then punched it out with the curly label punch. It is on dimensionals.

Thanks,





1 comment:

Regina said...

hello,
ABSOLUTLEY amazing - perfect in every way! Great idea!
Greetings - Regina