Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tag for Arlene's May Swap

I was looking through my blog and realized I never posted the pictures of my May tag for Arlene's Tag swap. She did a swap for June but now she is no longer doing it. I will miss it, I had fun doing them. I was going to break from it for the summer because of kids all being home, but now it is over for good.

The theme was the beach and the challenge was to make it super dimensional. The tag is die cut from the baroque die by Tim Holtz, and glimmer misted and accented with some shells using perfect pearls.

I included a pull out mini tag on the front.

The tag is stamped and embossed on both sides.

I glued on some real shells for the super dimensional fell and look.

I added texture to the background, added a layer of Glimmer misted cheesecloth to like like a fishing net. I wrapped some hemp twine around the tag. Added a charm on a fishing lure clasp. I strip of Matha Stewart lace trim with pearls.

I received my tags from the swap yesterday and posted this video. I forgot to add mine to the group for the video as I had to keep mine so it was not in the box when it arrived.

Thanks,

2 comments:

Jo said...

i really loved this tag, i'm so happy that i was able to get one =) great job Tammy.

Sue Frelick said...

Love the cheese cloth/fishing net idea, Tammy. Very original!