Monday, June 16, 2008

Sea Shells ...

I love how this card turned out. Not sure if it is the color or the fact that it has a sea shell. It is a tiny bit tricky because of the floss ties. The shell in the cut-out is heat embossed with gold detail powder. All edges are sponged. The cut-out is done with a large square punch, repositioned to make opening the desired size. I think the only thing I might try differently on another card like this is that I would use dimensionals to pop up the shell. This card is not that old but already has some sun fading....I think it really works for the card.
This card was inspired from a card at a local craft store and was used for a wedding invite. The vellum here allows a sneak peak at the verse underneath. The birds are also heat embossed.
This verse is one of my favorites. It is not SU but I had to have it when I saw it. I believe it came from Heather's Stamping Haven.
Here is a picture of the back, just so you can see that the eyelets went all the way through. I think you could hide them in the layer the verse is one and then attach the verse to the card base, if them showing is an issue for you.

The Recipe:

Paper: More Mustard, printed vellum, printed paper
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: Stiple Shells, vers stamp from Heather's Stamping Haven

Other: Eyelets, floss(embroidery), Large Square punch, sponge, eyelet tool and setter


Well, that's it for now. I am not sure when my next post will be. I am having some day surgery tomorrow and I am told it is a fairly simple procedure but I have not had any surgery done since I was in high school, a very long time ago. I am a bit nervous but am praying everything will be fine. My sister is going to come stay with me for a couple of days while I recover. I won't be aloud to lift anything heavy and I have a baby that is over 20 pounds and not a year old yet. So, she will mostly be helping with him.

Have a great week and hopefully I will be able to post again before the week is out. I have started a tutorial for a hidden message card that I saw on Stamping Dani's blog. Her card is smaller than mine. I had to really play with the measurements to get it just so. I will tell all about my challenges with the card in the tutorial, and how I worked around them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
I was just blog browsing and i stumbled in her...you make very cute cards! i especially love the ice cream one. However materials that are produced over here at my place..are very expensive...stuff for scrapbooking and card making. Will tune in again next time. Keep up the great work.

Tess said...

Hi Tammy, I love this. You did such a good job on it. I will have to try and make this. Thanks for sharing.