Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And Here's the ELF

So here is my version of an Elf. Some of these characters were a challenge as I have not made too many character anythings before this fall. I have the last one cut and will put him together today and post tomorrow or the next day.

Here are the supplies all cut and ready to go. I also sponged all my edges except for the eyeball pieces. Most pieces are similar to the previous character boxes. I would say this one is most like the Santa box. The hat is done almost the same. The brim on this hat is a piece made from the Top Note die, cutting the paper twice, on the long edge.(this piece would make a good propeller I think...hmmmm).

His ears are cut from 3/4 of the wide oval punch from SU.


The face is assembled exactly the same as Santa.

The hat brim is then attached to the bottom edge of the hat base.


Apply adhesive on the bottom back of the hat and attached, slightly tilted to the face, just above the eyes.

Curve the hat point down towards the face and then add a dimensional to the tip, underneath.

Attach to the face to the side of one eye. Then attach with another dimensional one of the punched snowflakes to the tip. I then added several other snowflakes over the hat. These could easily be stamped or you could use a stripped double sided paper for the hat. You can get quite creative with his hat.

I then attached his ears so they were behind his face but in front of his hat.

I like to have some sort of finish on the back of my boxes so I cut part of a Top Note out of the same green for his hat as the front and then a second brim. Attached to the back and then added one more snowflake punch.

Then attach front and back pieces to your box and then added wire, which you can see how it is made in the Frankie tutorial.

So what do you think...did he turn out alright?

The last request is next. Thank you all for you great, and positive response to these fun boxes. I would love to see what you have done with them or been inspired to do from seeing them. The possibilities for these boxes are limited only by your imagination, as any character can be turned into a box.
Thanks,




7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one very talented artistic woman Tammy!!! This elf and all the other creations are just fabulous!!
Hugs
Michelle

Regina said...

I love all the boxes you have made. How creative, fun and just plain adorable!!
You're amazing!! You are such an amazing papercrafter!
lot of greetings from Germany - Regina

Anonymous said...

You've outdone yourself once again!!! Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Tammy, these little boxes you have been making are totally adorable!!! Love them!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

Once again, you're awesome for doing this! Thank you so much for taking my suggestion and really rocking it!

I can't wait to see what the next one will be!

You've inspired me to start thinking about how I could create some things similar to this. I've thought it would be fun to do a ghost, pumpkin and witch for Halloween.

I'd also love to see a Mrs. Claus for Christmas. There are so many wonderful things you could do with these!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite sites. I love Tammy's work. I have done most of the character boxes but I have a question on the elf's hat using the top note die. Does anyone know how the brim was done? I can't figure out how both sides are the same?

Project Create said...

Hi Anonymous,
Thanks for your sweet comment. I ran a strip of paper about 4 5/8" x 1 1/2" through my big shot using the Top Note die along the long edge. After running it through once, flip your paper and run the opposite long edge through. Hope that helps,
Tammy