Monday, March 15, 2010

Swap Tag for March #1

I signed up for two tags swaps this month. One on the Scrapbeach and one with Arlene. This one is for Arlene's. The theme was Asian. You could also use the color green and spring in your tag. I think I got all three!

This flower was white and from our local dollar store. I glimmer misted it and then sponged with black on the edges.

I added a word charm and an Asian coin charm to the fibers with a garment pin.

I stamped a sentiment on a piece of velum and tore the edges. I used glue dots to adhere the sentiment, which is not flat on the tag. I then hid my adhesive with two small die cut blossoms.


The background is a glimmer misted piece of paper that was then crumpled and heat dried. I adhered to some lightweight chipboard. I heat embossed some leaves with gold embossing powder. I stamped a branch with blossoms in stazon black and added more die cut blossoms. The black strip and loop on the top are glossy black cardstock. I distressed the edge with a distress tool and black ink. On the back is my personal info.
The final touch was some matching fibers on the top.
I hope you enjoyed this, I am hoping to soon do video tutorials of the construction,perhaps on the next tag.
Thanks,




3 comments:

...Tara... said...

The tag is beautiful Tammy!! You did an amazing job :)

Tara

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Tammy, what awesome tags!!! I absolutely love that flower and the paper you've used...fabulous!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Arlene said...

Gorgeous Tammy! I love the flowers & the charms... it's all just amazing! Thanks for participating in the swap. :-)