Tuesday, March 30, 2010

100th Birthday!

My dad's mom just turned 100. What a milestone. She is even pretty active and alert for her age. It was a great day with lots of family and friends to celebrate. This card that I made for her, started out as a tag. I was trying one of Tim Holtz's techniques on the tag and then decided it would work well on the front of her card. The technique is called rusted enamel. Love It!

I decided to use one of my flowers. I chose the white one cause then I could glimmer mists to add a vintage touch. I used creme de chocolat. Added some string beads and a few feathers.

I do not have a picture of Grammie when she was young, to my knowledge there may not be any. So I came across this velum vintage photo of a lady and used it on the tag. I added some brown fibers and a small charm to the tag.


I then stamped the sentiment on a designer label die cut, sponged the edges and worked it until it was a bit tattered. then adhered it to the card. The base of the card is baja cardstock with brown distressing on the edges. I also stamped a wheel image along the lower edge using Stampin Up Very Vintage wheel, also in brown ink.
As a side note I hit 200 subscribers last night. Thank you all so much for the support you give to me on this blog and on YouTube and now also on Ustream. I will be doing something fun for that milestone just as soon as my class schedule settles a bit.
Thanks,