Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bikini Card

She wore an itsy bitsy, teenie, weenie...well it goes something like that, I think.

I have wanted to try one of these since first seeing them on Splitcoast ages ago and I finally got around to it. Above is the front of my card and below is the back.


Here is what the inside looks like when you open the card. Her belly button is not great...but it will do. I used some sponging to add figure shaping. The lace on the edges is white copy paper punched with the Martha Stewart border punch. I had to create a template for the inside bra parts as the one from the front of the card does not fit here.



And here is the outside. front and back, open for you to see.



This was fun to make, the lace was a bit time consuming, perhaps real lace would work easier. Now that I have the template pieces, I am sure the next card will go much faster.
Thanks,






3 comments:

Connie said...

This is adorable. I've always wanted to try one of these. Love the lace.

Corie said...

This is just too cute!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!

For some odd reason when I go and search for that type of card it sends me back to the home page. Could you send me the direct link?

Charna
Charnascarpati@hotmail.com