Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Want One...


A few weeks ago, well actually months ( my time flies) I made a red purse for my daughter for her birthday. The neighbours little girl was here and said "I Want one". I then asked her when her birthday was and it was this month. I told he rperhaps she would get one for her birthday.


Time was getting close now and the kids were finally back in school ( I get nothing done with the kids out for summer break) I chose a pattern and then actually decided on this pattern instead. I altered it slightly, as I typically do. It is a small clutch/over the shoulder style purse.


The pattern I used was from Blue Calla - the Gerbera Mini Crossbody Bag.
I did not do the gusset bottom.


Inside I did a small zippered side pocket and added a little dragonfly charm to the pull.



The back is pretty plain.

 I die cut some fabric into flower layers and added a rivet to attach to the outside for fun. The shoulder strap is removable.

She did get it in time for her birthday, unfortunately I was not there to see her reaction, but her mom said she liked it and so did she.

Have a creative day,
T

1 comment:

Barcelona said...

Awesome Blog very helpfull.