Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Dear Deer!

Troy's grandmother had a birthday recently and she is in a home. We went to visit her one evening and there were so many deer in the yard eating from the bird feeders and they weren't scared away from our presence at all. That is what the inspiration is for this card.

The scene is made using sponges of a light blue and a green ink on the die cut mat. I used a memory box die for the mat. I them used three tres memory box die and cut one apart from the three. I inked the edges for a bit of dimension. I then die cut a leaping deer, also Memory Box die. I tucked him behind the one tree just a bit. I then tied a ribbon around the mat before adhering to card front using pop ups. I then attached the sentiment on a fishtail banner curving slightly by running it over the edge of my scissors.I then decised toa dd some die cut grass fro a My Favorite Things die.
I really like how the scene turned out. This would also make a great card for a guy who likes to hunt or just likes nature.

Thanks for checking this out,

No comments: